Our Beachfront Home

Our Beachfront Home
For Sale: Click on this photo

Monday, June 15, 2009

It's A Bet!!!

Yesterday we travelled up the road to Maya Beach on the bikes. I made a short stop visiting with Mr. and Mrs. Barn. We did a photo op... I am learning new tricks of the trade (photography), all the time. Sorry Sandy A, I was in a hurry to get to Barnacle's place and it was too dark to take pictures of your place on the way back.

After a cold beer and some picture taking on the double wide, I headed to Maya Breeze to meet up with Bob. We spent some time catching up with Jake, our favourite Breeze bartender and met some new friends from Belgium, staying at the Green Parrot.

I told them to make sure they went to TuttiFrutti for the best of the best ice cream. That is when we heard a rumour that you can now get TuttiFrutti ice cream in Maya Beach. Now we have to just find out where. Maybe someone could/would comment on that.

I had just one single solitary drink at the Breeze, because I had already had one beer and knew we still had to stop at Mango's. Both Steve and AnneMarie are back.....

So we get to Mango's and get our hugs, even from Gary, talked to Brian and Brian and had two drinks, that was it. Got to talking with Gary about the road. He wanted to make a bet that the road would be paved all the way to Maya Beach Hotel by August 1st, 2009. I took that bet and one of us will be collecting August 1st. It is not the amount of the bet, it is the principle of it. Man, am I going to enjoy that drink. Thanks Gary!!

We made it home before the storm started and we really have to get lights for the bikes, it was pitch black. Luckily for us, there was the odd bit of traffic to light our way.

Here are a few of the photos taken at Barnacle's yesterday.

A serious look?

He smiles.

Who me? Yes you.

Who's number one?

My serious side.

She smiles.

Smiling and number one!!

3 comments:

  1. 'S ok--I'll be seeing it soon enough!
    We're getting a double dose of Lobsterfest--first San Pedro, then Placencia--woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Sandy!!! We were still living on Caye Caulker for Lobsterfest last year and we are looking forward to this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mayan goodness is suppose to have tutti fruity.
    no,, as far as i know, scurvy has never been in a bucket.

    ReplyDelete