Our Beachfront Home

Our Beachfront Home
For Sale: Click on this photo

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Habeneros

I have often said that Habeneros on Caye Caulker is my favourite restaurant in Belize. I thought I would share a few reasons why.

Don, Gwen, Sharyn and Bob after the first pitcher of sangria.

Bob and Sharyn's shared appetizer of Glass Noodle Wraps.

Don and Gwen's shared appetizer of Creole Voodoo Cakes.

Bob's dinner of Banana Leaf Parcel.

Sharyn's dinner of Brazilian Pork.

Gwen's dinner of Sizzlin' Fajitas Mista.

Don's dinner of Seafood Satay.

Don and Gwen after dinner. It all tasted as good as it looked.

Our friends Michael and Lu met us for dessert. We had Creme Brule, Cheesecake and Chocolate Truffles. (Sorry, no photos).

Then we all headed to the Canadian Sports Bar for Lloyd and Caroline's wedding anniversary party.

Michael at the Sports Bar.

Luciana and Sharyn at the Sports Bar.

1 comment:

  1. Habaneros definitely brings something a little different to the table as far as restaurants go in Caye Caulker. As you pick a spot on the nice outdoor patio, you immediately catch the sound of funky jazz music, which is quite a change from the more typical reggae and salsa music you hear everywhere else.

    The menu is also pretty eclectic, with an array of seafood dishes, fresh salads, Thai food and more. I wasn't very hungry the night we went to Habaneros so I ordered a salad with a refreshing white wine spritzer, while Sylvain had the spicy beef wraps.


    Service was quick and the food was excellent - my salad turned out to be huge and delicious, to the point where I felt really sorry I couldn't eat more. Prices are more expensive than in most other restaurants on the island, but if you feel like splurging on a good meal one evening, I would definitely recommend stopping by Habaneros.

    ReplyDelete